17 June 2009

Laney Victorious

At the beginning of May, I successfully completed my second half marathon. I had been training since January and had a goal to finish in under two hours. I was pretty pumped when I finished in 1:58:47. Below are some of the highlights.

I didn't get the customary plastic ties to help secure my timing chip, so I improvised with a delightful shoelace purchase.
Here's me before the race. I had forgotten that they asked us for our names to print on our bibs when we registered. All along the course, people were shouting "Go Laney!" For a while, I couldn't figure out what was going on. Then I realized the genius of the idea.
Here I am kicking it into gear to get across the finish line.
The best part about running 13.1 miles: you get to eat whatever you want. In fact, thanks to the lovely lady below, I was forced to eat and drink at several points during the weekend. She was my surrogate Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Laney - You are totally my idol. UNDER 2 HOURS!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete