28 December 2008

Minor Miracle

The day after Christmas, I witnessed a minor miracle at the Oracle Arena here in Oakland.



I went to see my first (and most likely, my only) Warrior game of the year, expecting them to be kicked in their rear ends by the Celtics. The Celtics, to that point, had only lost 3 games this season. The Warriors had only won 8. Being down by 14 in the third quarter did not get my hopes up:


Wonderfully enough, my Warriors ended up winning. The shot below documents the scoreboard when they finally gained the lead halfway through the fourth quarter.


I was sure that would be it and I would need hard evidence that they actually led at some point. They ended up winning by 10 points. And I went to bed very happy that night. It almost made up for all the games I didn't see live when they were in the playoffs.

Please excuse my amateur sports photography. I was just really excited.

1 comment: