19 December 2008

Oaktown for Christmas

Eighteen hours of driving, spread between Thursday and Friday, have finally gotten me to Oakland. Two of those hours may not technically count, as they were spent driving through the streets of Eugene at 10 mph in search of chains for my car. Chains that I never had to use, incidentally. But because I spent them driving, I will count they count as traveling hours. All in all, not bad time, given the amount of snow and the lack of salt/plowing at times.
I finally get moving south of Olympia after sitting in the same place for 20 minutes without moving.
Oregon was similarly snowy.
Finally in California. But with five more hours of driving to go.

[Note: I may or may not have taken these while driving. Believe me, I always had at least one hand on the steering wheel.]

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I'm glad you made it safely! Next time I'll drive with you as your official photographer and then catch a flight out of Oakland or something. Isn't it great to be a California girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. At least you kept on hand on the wheel!!!! Snow is fun but we LOVE CALIFORNIA

    ReplyDelete