22 December 2008

I *heart* Oakland: Ronika Edition

On Sunday night, Ronika was kind enough to join me in putting on a "musical evening" and entertaining some people Jane-Austen style. In other words, we sang, we played, and we showed what accomplished young women we are. Mostly, we just tried to not make complete fools of ourselves while providing some kind of mildly entertaining product.

Below is another classic example of my "singing face."



And here is Ronika dressed in one of her many vintage store finds and playing beautifully:




Ronika has a bit of a reputation for being able to find pretty nifty clothes at a variety of places--the kind of stuff you always think you should be able to find at a vintage store, but never seems to exist.

However, her sense of fashion has been known to falter. Monday afternoon, when Ronika came down dressed and ready for the day, I found her in another quintessential Ronika outfit:


I love Oakland because I get to spend time with my sister. Even if she is way cooler than I can even begin to understand.

4 comments:

  1. There's one of them in every family...It's when they get together and go shopping that we should all be worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I'm taking full credit for those shots, particularly the way you both are framed with the heads of adoring fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not take credit, however, for the hearing aid in Laney's. I leave that to the brilliance of the McClain's for inviting only people over the age of 50.

    ReplyDelete