22 February 2009

Friday Night Rollerskating

When you are single and Mormon, and it is Friday night, there are a limited number of things you can do. Not small, just limited. This Friday, me and some other decided to check out free rollerskating at the IMA [I am honestly not entirely sure what IMA stands for, but it is the UW gym]. Even though I was terrified of hurting myself, I did manage to get on the skates. Here I am with Jen and Marissa:

The funniest part about this whole experience were the "rollerskating police" who where flying around the gym enforcing all the rules. I remarked to Jen that I needed one of the bossy people to stop and give me some instruction, as I had not been on rollerskates since--well maybe, ever. This kind woman was very patient with me and Marissa:

One of the most valuable things she taught us what how to fall, which I demonstrate quite artfully in the video below. Luckily, it was a skill I didn't need to use.

3 comments:

  1. When I was a girl scout, we went to the roller rink frequently. I even earned my roller skating badge. I couldn't find the video, which I would love to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe me if I said that it was one of the best nights of my life?! The adventures of Laney and Jen continue! You look fabulous in roller skates, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your mom is right, we had a roller rink not far from our house and it was a hot spot for birthday parties. I can't hear "the hokey pokey" without thinking of roller rinks.

    ReplyDelete