22 January 2009

Obligatory Inauguration Post

There were many amazing things about Tuesday, one of which was someone actually got me to dance in public. Fortunately, there will be no pictures of that here.

I will not rehash my personal feelings about President Obama or how I am imbued with hope at the prospect of his presidency. Instead I will share with you this link:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99619575

If you click on this link, it will take you to NPR coverage of the music from the inauguration ceremony. Here you can not only listen to the lovely star-studded quartet and Aretha Franklin minus the awful hat, but you can also listen to my choral alma mater, the San Francisco Girls Chorus sing with the San Francisco Boys Chorus.

I am incredibly proud of the girls, their conductors and the entire organization.

PS: the fourth song or so (at about 9:30 in the track) you will come across a piece specially composed for this event with text from Obama's speech on election night set by my favorite local San Francisco composer, David Conte. Unfortunately, the sound goes out for a minute, but it comes back around minute 11. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Laney. I new you would have a post about the inauguration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I think I only watched about 10 hours of CNN's coverage.

    ReplyDelete